On Saturday 14th September a team of 30 Volunteers helped to collect funds for VTT with a can/bucket collection prior to kick of at the Rangers V Arbroath football game at Ibrox Stadium (Home of Glasgow Rangers Football Club).
We are very grateful to Rangers FC charity office for allowing us to collect at their [...]
The Troubadours once again played to a full house in Illminster , Somerset to raise money for the Centre of the Rehabilitation of the Paralysed Bangladesh. It has become an annual event and raised over £1,000. This year they were joined by Maddy, Wendy Best granddaughter, who both sang and played the violin [...]
The VTT has raised £71,000 towards the care of Rana Plaza victims. This has been through all sorts of groups. Some are from larger groups, such as expatriate Bangladeshis in South Wales, Texas and other countries such as Finland and Australia.
Then there was Akram Khan’s concerts, reported in last months update and donations from [...]
Letter from Bertie Woolnough CBE Chairman, Valerie Taylor Trust July 2013
The response to the appeal for funds for the Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Paralysed (CRP) in Bangladesh following the Rana Plaza building collapse in April has far exceeded expectations. To-date some £65,000 has been donated through the Valerie Taylor Trust – a [...]
1. Brian Woodgate requested donations for CRP in lieu of presents for his 70th birthday in April – the total raised was a marvellous £507.00
2. Marden Church Annual Golf Day in June proved to be quite successful with the trophy being won by a visiting player from Horsham. Proceeds resulted in £191.00 being donated [...]
Akram Khan is an International choreographer and dancer who was responsible for dance in the opening ceremony of the London Olympics. He is British but with Bangladeshi parents. He is an associated artist of Sadler’s Wells Theatre and was awarded an MBE for his services to the UK dance community.
Last month, Akram made a [...]
The building was very close to CRP in Savar. The eight-storey building collapsed on the morning of 24th April 2013.
A well equipped CRP medical team immediately went to the disaster area to help the injured victims and provide support. Meanwhile, back at CRP, huge number of CRP staff and employees donated and collected bloods [...]
Bryan Whitty attended the Annual Charity Fair in St. John’s Renfield Church in Glasgow on Sat. 27th April. There was a mammoth baking stall Margaret Whitty and others raised the marvellous sum of £450. Richard Durk, a great supporter of VTT/CRP, also had a stall of family jewellery. The VTT stall was one of 12 [...]
- Essential Gift scheme
- Annual Supporters Meeting and Reunion
- Update from Volunteer, Glen Mghee
- Valerie Taylor’s Birthday Celebration
- Rana Plaza update
- Rangers collection arranged by Iain Whitty raised almost £1700!
- What Price Cheap clothes?
- Troubadours concert
- Sarwar Hassan from Glasgow visits CRP
- New Look for the VTT facebook page
Archive by Date