Dr. Bryan Whitty writes: the re-formed Bangladesh Association of Glasgow held an event on the 2nd August in the Clyde Suite – Marriott Hotel to commemorate the Bangladesh Commonwealth Games athletes competing in Glasgow. The Army and RAF were represented at the event. The other main item was a short video presentation of the work [...]
The Bangladesh Association Glasgow has organised a celebration on Saturday 2 August 2014 to honour Bangladeshi and Scottish athletes and to inspire younger generations towards sporting activities. The distinguished guests include Valerie Taylor and Nicola Sturgeon (Deputy First Minister of Scotland). The Bangladesh community in Glasgow will be giving Valerie a lifetime award for her [...]
The Community of restaurants collected nearly £8,000 in one appeal night in 2013 and decided that these donations should be sent to CRP through the Valerie Taylor Trust. The donations were coordinated by Saddak Miah.
On 15 May, Valerie was able to receive the cheque at a well attended meeting of sponsors [...]
On Saturday 14th September a team of 30 Volunteers helped to collect funds for VTT with a can/bucket collection prior to kick of at the Rangers V Arbroath football game at Ibrox Stadium (Home of Glasgow Rangers Football Club).
We are very grateful to Rangers FC charity office for allowing us to collect at their [...]
The Troubadours once again played to a full house in Illminster , Somerset to raise money for the Centre of the Rehabilitation of the Paralysed Bangladesh. It has become an annual event and raised over £1,000. This year they were joined by Maddy, Wendy Best granddaughter, who both sang and played the violin [...]
The VTT has raised £71,000 towards the care of Rana Plaza victims. This has been through all sorts of groups. Some are from larger groups, such as expatriate Bangladeshis in South Wales, Texas and other countries such as Finland and Australia.
Then there was Akram Khan’s concerts, reported in last months update and donations from [...]
Letter from Bertie Woolnough CBE Chairman, Valerie Taylor Trust July 2013
The response to the appeal for funds for the Centre for the Rehabilitation of the Paralysed (CRP) in Bangladesh following the Rana Plaza building collapse in April has far exceeded expectations. To-date some £65,000 has been donated through the Valerie Taylor Trust – a [...]
1. Brian Woodgate requested donations for CRP in lieu of presents for his 70th birthday in April – the total raised was a marvellous £507.00
2. Marden Church Annual Golf Day in June proved to be quite successful with the trophy being won by a visiting player from Horsham. Proceeds resulted in £191.00 being donated [...]
- Valerie’s 2014 UK Tour – Scottish Leg
- Valerie in Glasgow August 2
- Donations from Coombe Bissett
- Justin Welby Visits CRP
- Valerie Taylor at Annual Meeting
- Birmingham Collection for Rana Plaza Victims
- Essential Gift scheme
- Annual Supporters Meeting and Reunion
- Update from Volunteer, Glen Mghee
- Valerie Taylor’s Birthday Celebration
Archive by Date